It is about asking questions. Getting answers. Deciding what is right for you.
Most first time users have an umpteen number of questions when it comes to Botox.
How it is used? What kind of results can you expect? Does it have any side effects?
The first step is to educate yourself. Our doctors are at hand to answer any questions you may have but begin by reading through our FAQs to understand more about Botox Cosmetic.
What is Botox Cosmetic?
BOTOX Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin Type A) is a purified protein that is administered in a simple, nonsurgical procedure to temporarily reduce the moderate to severe expression lines. Botox Cosmetic is no longer used as an anti-ageing solution. It is also used to enhance certain facial features for people of any age group. Additionally, it is also the perfect solution for excessive sweating as well a great remedy for chronic migraines.
What areas of the face can I use Botox Cosmetic to reduce lines and wrinkles?
In what way can Botox Cosmetic be used to enhance facial features?
Botox Cosmetic can be used to enhance the following areas:
- To lift a sagging brow
- To reduce the appearance of a Gummy Smile
- Dimpling of the Chin
- For Jaw Contouring
- For Nasal Contouring
How does BOTOX Cosmetic work?
Very low doses of BOTOX Cosmetic are administered via a few tiny injections directly into the muscles responsible for any lines. By blocking the release of the chemical that causes these muscles to contract, BOTOX enables them to relax, so the skin appears smoother.
What about the dreaded ‘frozen face’ look?
Facial enhancement with the low and conservative doses of Botox Cosmetic that the doctors at our clinic will use, it is unlikely for your face to look immobile. The muscle activity that causes lines and wrinkles is simply reduced, not stopped. Your face will continue to exhibit a full range of emotions. You can still express a range of emotions – a smile, a frown or a look of surprise – but without the lines and wrinkles!
What is BOTOX Cosmetic treatment like?
BOTOX Cosmetic administration during a simple, 10-minute treatment.
- Minimal pain: Before the treatment begins, a topical anesthetic is applied to the area being treated to reduce any discomfort.
- Nonsurgical: Tiny injections are administered directly into the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles.
- No downtime: Often called a lunchtime procedure, the treatment is brief and requires no recovery time.
- Minimal and brief discomfort: No anesthesia is required, although your healthcare provider may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream prior to injecting. Localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising maybe associated with the injection.
How does Botox Cosmetic help with migraines?
Anyone suffering from a chronic migraine knows how debilitating it can be. Now in a USFDA approved procedure, with Botox Cosmetic it is possible to find relief. Botox Cosmetic is recommended only for those having more than 15 headache days a month, each lasting for more than four hours. Talk to our doctors to know more.